Emotional health & wellbeing
Lots of students get support from their school when they’re going through a tough time. Young people can speak to anyone working in school about anything that’s bothering them, whether it is school-related or something different. At Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge, we are happy to offer our students a range of emotional health and wellbeing services, which include:
- One-to-one sessions with a Child Protection and Wellbeing officer.
- Small group interventions on a range of topics.
- Therapeutic Interventions in Secondary Schools Programme (THISS) for KS3 students.
- Family Intervention Link worker.
- Referrals to other agencies where applicable to help and support our young people and their families.
- Various assemblies and external speakers in throughout the year to deliver on a number of topics.
We know that feeling distressed or unhappy from time to time is normal, however if these feelings are persistent or are causing a lot of worry for a person you are concerned about then you may need to seek professional help. In Calderdale, young people and schools have a range of services including peer support, family support and counselling that can help.