At Trinity Academy Sowerby Bridge, our students ‘graduate’ at the end of Year 8, upon the successful completion of the Graduation programme that runs throughout Years 7 and 8. The programme helps to raise students’ aspirations, and raise their levels of motivation and engagement. Parents are invited to celebrate their child’s achievements at a memorable ceremony, complete with traditional cap and gown. In order to graduate, students are required to demonstrate an excellent approach to school life.
Of course, there are a number of criteria that students must meet in order to graduate. These include:
- An excellent behaviour record (a minimum of 250 Achievement Points per year).
- An excellent attendance record (a minimum of 96% attendance over the year).
- Hgih attendance at extra-curricular activities (at least 85% attendance in a club of the student’s choice).
- Successful participation in Masters of Recall.
- Supporting the academy or wider community (in at least two events).
- Good attitude to learning in English, maths, science and at least two other subjects.
There are different tiers of Graduation, dependent on each child’s performance. These range from First Class to a Third. Students are regularly updated and advised of their progress towards these targets. Students who exceed these targets will aim to become part of the elite group of students who graduate with honours.